The Full Spectrum of New Jazz Music In The Adds at Jazz 88.3 Monday August 31 2015
A great new mix of NEW JAZZ MUSIC from solo piano (Fred Hersch "Solo") to Jazz Orchestra (Lincoln Center "Live in Cuba") and originals to standards being added to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library the week starting Monday, August 31, 2015.
These new releases will be featured by all your favorite Jazz 88.3 hosts in the weeks to come!
- ERIC ALEXANDER – “THE REAL THING”
- CARTER CALVERT – “IT’S A MAN’S WORLD”
- JOHN HÉBERT – “RAMBLING CONFESSIONS”
- FRED HERSCH – “SOLO”
- JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER ORCHESTRA WITH WYNTON MARSALIS – “LIVE IN CUBA”
- KARIN & MIKE KELLEHER – “MÉLANGE”
- JASON KLOBNAK QUINTET – “NEW CHAPTER”
- ABBEY LINCOLN – “SOPHISTICATED ABBEY”
- ROMERO LUBAMBO – “SETEMBRO: A BRAZILIAN UNDER THE JAZZ INFLUENCE”
- MACK AVENUE SUPERBAND – “LIVE AT THE DETROIT JAZZ FESTIVAL-2014”
- JOE MAGNARELLI – “THREE ON TWO”
- PEREZ / PATITUCCI/ BLADE – “CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT”
- LEE RITENOUR – “A TWIST OF RIT”
READ THE FULL ARTICLE for links to artists websites, release reviews, and additional listening notes from the Jazz 88 Music staff....
- Saxophonist, leading a quartet/quintet, in nice straight-ahead variety of songs.
- Female vocalist, mixing jazzy versions of new and old standards.
JOHN HÉBERT – “RAMBLING CONFESSIONS”
- Bassist, leading a trio and backing vocalist Jen Shyu, on an edgy collection of material.
JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER ORCHESTRA WITH WYNTON MARSALIS – “LIVE IN CUBA”
- Double-disc release of big band tunes, with some Latin grooves thrown in.
- Karin plays violin, Mike sings, backed by a string ensemble, with a mix of songs.
- Trumpeter, leading a quintet, in a collection of originals.
ABBEY LINCOLN – “SOPHISTICATED ABBEY”
- Another newly released recording of a concert at the Keystone Korner in 1980, finds Abbey in great voice, doing a variety of material.
- "The music here works as a decent placeholder of where she was prior, plying her trade on the small stage to commensurate applause with nothing to prove and a legacy already secure." - Dusted in Exile, Derek Taylor, 8/25/15
ROMERO LUBAMBO – “SETEMBRO: A BRAZILIAN UNDER THE JAZZ INFLUENCE”
- Solo guitar, nicely blending Brazilian and Jazz elements.
MACK AVENUE SUPERBAND – “LIVE AT THE DETROIT JAZZ FESTIVAL-2014”
- Straight-ahead grooves, featuring a variety of material.
- Trumpeter, leading a quintet, performing a straight-ahead mix of jazz tunes and originals.
- Danilo/John/Brian, performing a straight-ahead mix of tunes.
- Guitarist, in a heavy contemporary groove, with a couple of straight-ahead tunes thrown in.
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2018 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.