Artist Website: http://thomasmarriott.net/ Good recap of the last year for Thomas.
Human Spirit Stuff:
- 3/15/11 release coming out on Origin Records. "Human Spirit" features Versace on B3
organ as well as Mark Taylor (alto) and drummer Matt Jorgensen.
Radio DJ Help: Trumpeter, in a sax/organ quartet, with
another edgy mix of material, some accessible enough for daytime play.
- Earshot Jazz (Seattle Jazz Supporter) 2010 Golden Ear Nominee's Best Artist and Band (Flexicon): Awards given out last night (March 20, 2011)
- "East West Trumpet Summit" with Ray Vega, #1 on Jazz Week Jazz Chart in 2010. Jazz Week: "Rather than an instrumental battle or cutting contest, "East-West
Trumpet Summit" underlines the artistry that results when great
musicians from diverse backgrounds find common ground rather than seek
to establish a pecking order or spotlight rivalries.
" Featured on NPR Morning Edition.
- "Constraints and Liberations" (links to reviews), first release of all original material (5th as leader), November 2010. AllMusicGuide: "Not only does he focus exclusively on originals for
this session, but his approach to the trumpet has moved away from a
forceful pop style to a more reserved, yet emotional technique. "
- AllMusicGuide Discography: Why does "C and L" show as a 2001 release?
- TM Bio: 6 time Golden Ear winner, Maynard Ferguson's Big Bop Nouveau,