Jazz 88.3 Blog
Closing out January 2014 Adds to the Jazz 88 Music Library with a full set of New Jazz Music, including releases from artists who we haven't heard from in a while, such as Joshua Breakstone and Dianne Reeves, but also with new from Danilo Perez, Mike Vax's Stan Kenton Alumni Band, Craig Handy, and lots more! You can hear at least a sampling of these debut on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Monday, January 27, 2014 from 6 to 8 PM PT.
After the split, you get the full list with annotations, artist website links, and promotional audio/video from these new releases, but right here is the essential info and our New This Week @Jazz88 1/27/14 YouTube Playlist
which kicks off with Craig Handy's new one "Craig Handy & 2nd Line Smith"...
|I'll be watching the 56th Grammy Award Pre-Telecast at http://Grammy.com/Live between 1 and 3:30 PM PT when the Jazz Awards (including Latin Jazz) are all presented and to help get in the mood and follow along, here's some monitoring tools to follow all the action...|
|Brad Steinwehe and Joshua White are coming to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Mondays, 6-8 PM PT! If you are a Google Calendar user, you can add The New Jazz Thing Special Guests Calendar to the set of calendars you follow to know What's New on The New Jazz Thing each week! Here's a handy calendar add button: |
- 1/27/14 - Brad Steinwehe "Wgasa Jam" Interview: The leader of the Brad Steinwehe Jazz Orchestra will be in-studio chatting about their new disc added @Jazz88 1/20/14 "Wgasa Jam". We'll also talk about his non-profit San Diego Jazz Orchestra and what they've got planned for the future. Brad will be joining me in Hour 2 of the New (7-8PM PT)!
- Add this event to your Google Calendar:
- 2/3/14 - Joshua White "(((Codes)))" Interview: Ascendant San Diego pianist Joshua White will be joining us to talk about his 2/7/14 presentation at The Loft at UCSD, (((Codes))), In honor of Black History Month at UCSD, presenting the works of Langston Hughes, Amiri Baraka, and other major African-American poets, as performed by, Joshua White - piano, Marvin "Smitty" Smith - drum, Kamau Kenyatta - sax, Dwight Trible - spoken word / vocals, Hamilton Price - bass, Janet Wilson - vocals. I'm REALLY looking forward to experiencing and hosting this event at The Loft!
- Add this event to your Google Calendar:
|LISTEN LIVE Monday 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and DAI Architecture - Where A Dream Becomes A Design!|
Tonight on the show...
After the split, links / photos / video from our Nathan Hubbard Interview, Top 10 Countdown Video Replay, links to previous and upcoming TNJT and other Jazz News...Enjoy!
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Nathan Hubbard "Encinitas and Everything After" Interview, Monday, January 20, 2014 (25:45)
- TNJT Video: Nathan Hubbard "Encinitas and Everything After" Interview, Monday, January, 20, 2014
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Monday, January 20, 2014 (entire show, 2:01:16)
- Here's a screenshot of the Jazz 88 Playlist Archive for the show tonight...lots of great new and Nathan Hubbard too!
|The flood gates of New in 2014 have opened up and we've got a whopping 28 new discs being added to the Jazz 88 Music Library the week of January 20, 2014. It shows the broad spectrum of New Jazz being made today from solo guitar, to vocal, to organ trio, to Brazillian, and Big Band...and many other stops along the way. You can hear at least a sampling of these debut on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Monday, January 20, 2014 from 6 to 8 PM PT. After the split, you get the full list with annotations, artist website links, and promotional audio/video from these new releases, but right here is the essential info and our New This Week @Jazz88 1/20/14 YouTube Playlist...|
- CHERYL BARNES – “LISTEN TO THIS”
- DAN BARASZU & DAVE ELLINGTON – “ORGAN TRIO”
- DEE BELL / MARCOS SILVA – “SILVA-BELL-ELATION”
- DAVID BLAKE – “NEXT YEAR PEOPLE”
- T.K.BLUE – “A WARM EMBRACE”
- JIM CLAYTON – “SONGS MY DAUGHTER KNOWS”
- STEVE DAVIS – “FOR REAL”
- JOE DeROSE AND AMICI – “PEACE STREETS”
- MIKE DiRUBBO – “THRESHOLD”
- TAEKO FUKAO – “WONDERLAND”
- LAUREN KINHAN – “CIRCLE IN A SQUARE”
- “THE KING WILLIAM JAZZ COLLECTIVE”
- JOHN LaBARBERA BIG BAND – “CARAVAN”
- ROMERO LUBAMBO – “SO: BRAZILIAN ESSENCE”
- KATE McGARRY AND KEITH GANZ – “GENEVIEVE & FERDINAND”
- CAVA MENZIES / NICK PHILLIPS – “MOMENT TO MOMENT”
- PETE MILLS – “SWEET SHADOW”
- IAN O’BEIRNE – “GLASSWORK”
- PJ RASUMSSEN – “ANOTHER ADVENTURE”
- MATT RENZI – “RISE AND SHINE”
- RENT ROMUS’ LIFE BLOOD – “TRUTH TELLER”
- SCENES –“…BUT NOT HEARD”
- HERB SILVERSTEIN – “MONDAY MORNING”
- BRAD STEINWEHE JAZZ ORCHESTRA – “WGASA JAM”
- DYLAN TAYLOR – “SWEETER FOR THE STRUGGLE”
- DAVID BENNETT THOMAS – “HEADSPACE”
- JASON VIEAUX – “PLAY”
- BRIGITTE ZARIE – “L’AMOUR”
|The great saxophonist Ernie Watts brought his American Quartet into the Saville Theatre at San Diego City College on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 to kick of the 2014 season of Jazz Live San Diego in fine fashion. Here's a collection of the Jazz 88 Speakeasy on-demand audio, video clips from the concert and interview with Ernie, and some of the social media interaction and reaction about the show. You can always tweet, post, and share with the #Jazz88 and #JazzLive hashtags to connect up with us during the show. |
Here are links to the Jazz 88 Speakeasy
on-demand audio for the entire live concert, Ernie Watts interview, and our preview of Jazz Live on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8-10PM PT with vocalist Sacha Boutros.
Here's a set of photographs taken by EmCee Vince Outlaw before, during, and after the show...
After the split, video from Jazz 88 Master Control during our interview with Ernie Watts and some other social media interactions....
City College Student Radio
|Click +1 if you like this song |
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
|Click on the +1 button|
if you like this page