The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw
|UPDATE: Geoffrey Keezer Interview Online In Jazz88 Speakeasy! |
Geoffrey Keezer will be stopping by during Hour 2 (7PM PT) of The New Jazz Thing on Monday, April 8, 2013, 6 to 8 PM PT to chat about his upcoming solo recording release "Heart of the Piano"...and we will be debuting some of the new music for the FIRST TIME EVER ON RADIO! We will also be talking about the DVD-recording performance of the music happening at Jazz Live San Diego on April 9, 2013. Really excited!
- Keezer‟s 2009 venture, “Áurea,” is a recording of folkloric South American music mixed with jazz and was nominated for a Grammy award in the “Best Latin Jazz Album” category.
- In 2010, Keezer was again nominated for a Grammy for his arrangement of “Don‟t Explain” for singer Denise Donatelli.
- Geoffrey Keezer started out as a drummer, but moved to piano out of necessity while doing regular gigs with his father who played drums.
- Preview of Geoffrey's Jazz Live San Diego Performance by Robert Bush in the San Diego Reader.
- "Heart of the Piano" will be Keezer's second solo piano recording. His first was 1999's "Zero One"
|UPDATE: ENTIRE 3/25/13 TNJT ONLINE!|
On The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday, March 25, 2013, 6 to 8 PM PT
- UPDATE: Rez Abbasi INTERVIEW ONLINE!
- Rez Abbassi: Is coming into town Sunday, March 31, 2013 to play with Satoshi Takeishi drums and Mark Dresser bass as part of the Fresh Sounds series at Space 4 Art
- “An amazing guitarist… unique and beautiful music–and best of all–very original.” (Pat Metheny)
- Voted #2 Guitarist in the 2012 Downbeat Rising Stars poll.
- 2013-03-25 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Lots of funky, original, heavy, large, previously unreleased, creative/progressive, exotic, energized, melodic, driving New Jazz Music being added to the Jazz 88 music library this week
- Top 10 Countdown Jazzweek.com Jazz Chart March 25, 2013: There’s a new No. 1 again this week on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart: Harvie S with Kenny Barron Witchcraft (HighNote). Most added (+20) and the biggest gainer (+58) is Eric Alexander Touching (HighNote). The week’s highest debut (No. 36) is Robert Hurst Bob A Palindrome (Be Bob Records) and the most reported CD (45 stations) at No. 2 is Terri Lyne Carrington Money Jungle: Provocative In Blue (Concord).
|On The New Jazz Thing for Monday, March 18, 2013...|
- $100K Jazz Relay Spring Member Drive - Make A Donation TODAY! Take The Baton In A NEW Direction during The New Jazz Thing TONIGHT 6-8 PM PT..and TODAY you get entered into the drawing for an iPAD MINI!
- Tony Lasley - San Diegan's with a NEW disc "Bossa Nova e Voce" is out and he's ON to chat about that and maybe even play a little guitar too!
- 2013.3.18 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library - ou can't say that Jazz Vocalists are not trying their hardest to get their New out there...out of 11 New Adds To the Jazz 88 Music Library this week, 5 are vocalists! We've got vocal tributes to Miles and Laura Nyro among the bunch, along with new from Eric Alexander, Cory Weeds, David Weiss and more!
- Top 10 Countdown from the Jazzweek.com Jazz Album Chart for Monday, March 18, 2013 - There’s a new No. 1 on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart: Terri Lyne Carrington Money Jungle: Provocative In Blue (Concord). The most added CD (+22), biggest gainer (+134 spins) and highest debut (No. 18) is Aaron Diehl The Bespoke Man’s Narrative (Mack Avenue). Still the most reported CD (51 stations) and at No. 2 is Jackie Ryan Listen Here (OpenArt).
|On The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw for Monday, March 11, 2013 6-8 PM PT...|
- San Diego New Jazz Things with Peter Sprague, Rob Thorsen, and Steph Johnson Monday March 11 2013: It's a San Diego New Jazz Things special featuring music, performance and chats with Peter Sprague, Rob Thorsen, and Steph Johnson in Hour 2 of The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday, March 11, 2013 starting at 7 PM PT! Peter (String Consort's "Dr. Einstein's Spin" and Road Work Ahead's "Intersection"), Rob (Trio's "Live!"), and Steph ("Nature Girl") all have new discs out so we wanted to celebrate some of San Diego's finest together. And it looks like we'll have a little in-studio Jam going on too!
- Michael Gallant Interview In-Studio On The New Jazz Thing Monday March 11 2013: Michael Gallant and his Trio have a new disc out "Completely" and he's in Southern California doing some business, so he will be dropping by Jazz 88 studio and hanging with us LIVE!
- 2013-03-11 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Some of the biggest and recently most successful artists in Jazz have new discs out this week (Monty Alexander, Hiromi, Charles Lloyd, Lenny White), along with San Diego's own (and recent TNJT Guest) Joe Garrison and Night People, so we've got lots of great new music to hear on Jazz 88 starting this week.
- Top 10 Countdown of the Jazzweek.com Jazz Chart for Monday, March 11, 2013: It’s four weeks at No. 1 on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart for Jackie Ryan Listen Here (OpenArt). It’s again the most-reported CD of the week (55 stations.) The highest debut (No. 38) and biggest gainer (+73) is Monty Alexander Uplift 2 (Jazz Legacy Productions). It’s also tied for most added (+19) with New York Voices Live (Palmetto) and John Stein Bing Bang Boom! (Whaling City Sound).
- Monk Trane Jazz Live Tuesday, March 12, 2013: This will be HUGE. Mike Wofford and Ben Schachter, piano and tenor sax, Mark Dresser and Leon Boykins, basses, and Matt Scarano on drums. Considering the music of Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane.
- Coming up on The New Jazz Thing...
- Previously on The New Jazz Thing...
|It's a San Diego New Jazz Things special featuring music, performance and chats with Peter Sprague, Rob Thorsen, and Steph Johnson in Hour 2 of The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday, March 11, 2013 starting at 7 PM PT! Peter (String Consort's "Dr. Einstein's Spin" and Road Work Ahead's "Intersection"), Rob (Trio's "Live!"), and Steph ("Nature Girl") all have new discs out so we wanted to celebrate some of San Diego's finest together. And it looks like we'll have a little in-studio Jam going on too!|
|Michael Gallant and his Trio have a new disc out "Completely" and he's in Southern California doing some business, so he will be dropping by Jazz 88 studio and hanging with us LIVE in Hour 1 of The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday, March 11, 2013, starting around 6:40 PM PT! Listen in at 88.3 FM San Diego or click the LISTEN LIVE button to listen online or, better yet, download the iPhone/iPad App or the Android App and listen now and later!|
- Brent Black @CriticalJazz on "Completely": "...Michael Gallant is helping forge a new sound for what has become a tired, predictable and all be it boring vibe of the sterile jazz standard that makes one long to hear those two most important words "last call." "...Completely would make my desert island list of discs to take if faced with the burden of limited space. This my friends is the future of jazz. Fresh, invigorating, progressive - there are simply not enough positive adjectives to list here. "
Pat Launer's Center Stage
|Click +1 if you like this song |
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
|Click on the +1 button|
if you like this page