The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw
|Tune into The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday May 21, 2012 6-8 PM PT, @Jazz88 88.3 FM San Diego webcast LIVE at http://Jazz88.org, for a great show, including...|
- Gretchen Parlato (@GretchenParlato, 6:40 PM PT): Gretchen continued working toward her vision on her 2011 release "The Lost and Found", with a slight side-trip participating in Terri Lyne Carrington's Mosaic Project...which won the 2012 Best Vocal Album Grammy...which will be reprised at the 2012 Playboy Jazz Festival. We will chat about all that and MORE!
- 2012-05-21 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: A full spectrum of New Jazz Music being added to the Jazz 88 Music
Library and Playlist this week, including Brian Bromberg (feature TNJT
5/21/12 guest Jeff Lorber), Grammy-nominated vocalist Melody Gardot,
Arturo Sandoval's new tribute to Dizzy, and a couple new San Diego disc
from The Mission Bay Preservationists (leader JP Balmat recently on
TNJT) and the Styletones (funk it up!)!
- Plucking out some Jazz News, Jazz Charts, and more!!
Coming up next week, Monday 5/28/12 on TNJT, Eric Person will be chatting about his 6/2 gig with TrioKinesis here in San Diego
|Check out what's happening on The New Jazz Thing for Monday, May 14, 2012 6-8 PM PT on Jazz 88 KSDS San Diego! Listen at 88.3 FM San Diego or LIVE online at http://www.jazz88.org/listen.php. |
- Carmen Lundy (@CarmenLundy) "Changes" Interview (7:20 PM PT): Chatting with vocalist about her 2012 release "Changes"and her upcoming performance as June 17, 2012 at the Playboy Jazz Festival as part of Terri Lyne Carrington's Mosaic Project!
- 2012-05-14 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Lots of great New being added to the Jazz 88 Playlist this week,
including guitarist Broom, a killer large ensemble from Budman / Levy
Orchestra, Ted Nash, and international Jazz from Jazz 88 friend Cheryl Pyle with
- More to come, including links to interview audio and items of note during the show!
The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw! | Promote Your Page Too
|Wayne Riker, San Diego Jazz Guitar slinger, has a new album, "Guitar Decathlon", featuring collaborations with 10 different guitarists and supporting players, and we'll be sampling and chatting about it LIVE on The New Jazz Thing Monday, March 26, 2012, 6-8 PM PT!|
Here's Wayne making a personal delivery of the new disc last week before he headed to one of his many teaching gigs!
|Kyle Eastwood, Jazz bassist and son of Clint Eastwood, saw the Top 10 of the Jazzweek Jazz Charts with his 2011 release "Songs From The Chateau" and he comes to Anthology San Diego on Thursday, April 5, 2012. |
We will be talking to him about the upcoming gig, his success with "....Chateau", and what's else is New with Kyle during a Live Interview on The New Jazz Thing on Jazz 88.3, Monday, March 26, 2012 between 6 and 8 PM PT.
Bruce Lindsey in AllAboutJazz: "While Songs From The Chateau is an album of varied moods,
rhythms and beats it continuously evokes one particular emotion—joy.
Eastwood and his band create music from the heart: uplifting, reflective
|Brent Fischer, leader of the Clare Fischer Big Band and son of the recently departed Clare Fischer, will be chatting about the bands new album "Continuum" (nominated for a 2012 Grammy for Best Instrumental Arrangement for a tune "In The Beginning"), his career, and the legacy of Clare Fischer on The New Jazz Thing, Monday, February 6, 2012 6-8 PM PT. |
Here's some information Brent sent us about the memorial service for his father this weekend...
Below is an advance copy of the announcement going out tonight.
Please help spread the word--it won't be the last appearance of any of
the Clare Fischer Bands but it will be the final appearance of my
father, I'm very sorry to say. All of my contact info is also below.
The memorial service for Dr. Clare Fischer is open to the public.
Saturday, February 4th
Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills
(across from Burbank Studios)
in the beautiful Hall of Liberty
Visitation/viewing will begin at 10 A.M.
6300 Forest Lawn Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90068
City College Student Radio
|Click +1 if you like this song |
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
|Click on the +1 button|
if you like this page