October 21, 2014
|Our next Jazz Live brings one of the finest Jazz pianists around today, Hal Galper. He's played with them all- Cannonball Adderley, Joe Williams, Phil Woods, George Duke, Anita O'Day, Chet Baker and Stan Getz, to name a few. Hal will be here in a trio setting on Tuesday, November 18 at 8pm. Please make your reservation by calling 619-388-3037 and please be a valid Jazz 88.3 member. Also, don't forget about that parking pass. MORE...|
Read full article at: Hal Galper Jazz Live
CELEBRATE NEW JAZZ MUSIC this week during our Jazz 88.3 Fall Pledge Drive by BECOMING A NEW MEMBER, RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP, or GIVING A MONETARY GIFT!
The new Adds to the Jazz 88 Music Library for October 20, 2014 features several artists that have been featured both on our Jazz Live San Diego program (Brian Lynch, 1/2005) and in interviews (Dayna Stephens, hear the 11/2013 TNJT interview) along with several more Jazz luminaries. YOU can check out their Jazz 88 DEBUT on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88, Monday, October 20 2014 between 6 and 8 PM PT! !
- GREG ABATE QUARTET – “MOTIF” (Whaling City Sound)
- JASON ADASIEWICZ’S SUN ROOMS – “FROM THE REGION” (Delmark)
- FRANK KIMBROUGH – “QUARTET” (Palmetto)
- THE DAVE LIEBMAN GROUP – “SAMSARA” (Whaling City Sound)
- BRIAN LYNCH / EMMET COHEN – “QUESTIONED ANSWER” (Hollistic Musicworks)
- DIANE ROBLIN – “RECONNECT” (Self-released)
- DAYNA STEPHENS – “PEACE” (Sunnyside)
- BUDDY TATE – “TEXAS TENOR” (Delmark/Sackville)
Read the entire article
for your additional annotations about this week's New and your chance to Comment on New Jazz with your FREE Jazz 88 Speakeasy Account!
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2019 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.