|Ornette Coleman was one of the modern innovators. He just passed away at the age of 85. Here are random notes as I rolled along.|
- Sound Grammar was one of his last recordings. I'm celebrating the music not hashing the details. Denardo Coleman on drums, Gregory Cohen and Tony Falanga on basses (plucked and bowed, respectively), and Ornette Coleman on alto sax, trumpet, and violin.
- For me Sound Grammar presents the open aspect perfectly, four directions woven together into a super strong design
- Charlie Haden, Jimmy Garrison, Scott LaFaro
- Billy Higgins, Ed Blackwell, Denardo
- Don Cherry, Dewey Redman (ps. Bobby Bradford)
- Free Jazz, Harmolodics, Sound Grammar
- Lot of random notes for those last points so dig this if you want to...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornette_Coleman
thanks for listening...
ps. enco is beautiful
pps. due to scheduling...6/18/15 at 10pm...Part II