- PETE MALINVERNI – “EMERGING MARKETS”
- PAT MARTINO – “NEXUS”
- SAL MOSCA – “THE TALK OF THE TOWN”
- DAFNIS PRIETO SEXTET – “TRIANGLES AND CIRCLES”
- PETE RODRIGUEZ – “EL CONDE NEGRO”
- MARY STALLINGS – "FEELIN’ GOOD"
- GRANT STEWART – “TRIO”
- CORY WEEDS – “CONDITION BLUE”
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
for additional listening notes from the Jazz 88 Music staff....
Ella Fitzgerald and San Diego have long and deep ties, from her earliest appearances here in the late 1930’s at venues like the Mission Beach Ballroom and through her celebrated accompanists who lived here and still make San Diego home. And to keep the birthday celebration swinging, San Diego’s Jazz 88.3 on-air hosts share their thoughts on "Lady Ella" and will be curating some of their favorites tunes featuring the “Queen of Jazz” for you all day Saturday, April 25, the 98th Birthday of “The First Lady of Jazz” and in the weeks ahead.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
for more on “Jazz An American Art Form”, Ella’s ties to San Diego, and thoughts and favorites from your Jazz 88.3 On-Air Hosts and Staff.
|Jazz Live brings in the modern and the technology on TONIGHT with Kronomorfic, lead by saxophonist David Borgo. Personnel is as yet tentative, but count on quality and agility. Jazz 88.3 Members can reserve tickets online or at 619-388-3037. Jazz Live always starts at 8pm in the Saville Theatre at City College. All Ages Welcome! Print Parking Permit! |
Heads-up Jazz Jam lovers: OUR SUNDAY NIGHT JAZZ JAM is TAKING A BREAK. We hope to continue this ALL-AGES good-time at a new location in the near future. We will keep you posted.
|LIVE Monday, April 20, 2015, 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and...YOUR BUSINESS (learn more about underwriting The New Jazz Thing!). GET SOCIAL @TNJT on Facebook and Twitter. |
Tonight on the show...
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
for the complete playlist for tonight, links to Nhojj, JAM 2015, New Jazz Releases, Jazz Calendar, Giveaways, and MORE!
While there are lots of not-so-familiar names in the 18 new releases to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library the week of April 20, 2015, there are also some household names, including Ben Sidran (new "Blue Camus"), Harvie S ("Plucky Strum"), and Randy Brecker (along for the ride on Levon Mikaelian's debut "United Shades of Artistry").
Jazz 88.3 continues to bring you the latest releases ever week! You can check out the debut of all the new releases each week on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday evenings 6-8pm PT and then your favorite Jazz 88.3 Hosts will be adding them to their playlists for YOU to enjoy and learn!
- ALYSSA ALLGOOD – “LADY BIRD”
- MAT BELSANTE – “WHEN YOU’RE SMILING”
- LAINIE COOKE – “THE MUSIC IS THE MAGIC”
- MARIO CRUZ – “A VIEW FROM THE MIND’S EYE”
- HUGO FERNANDEZ – “COSMOGRAM”
- JANICE FRIEDMAN TRIO – “LIVE AT KITANO”
- TOMAS FUJIWARA & THE HOOK UP - "AFTER ALL IS SAID"
- BOBBY KAPP – “CILLA SIN EMBARGO”
- JENNA MAMMINA & ROLF STURM – “SPARK”
- ANTIONETTE MONTAGUE – “WORLD PEACE IN THE KEY OF JAZZ”
- MIKE OSBORNE - "DAWN"
- PLUNGE – “IN FOR THE OUT”
- BEN SIDRAN – “BLUE CAMUS”
- HARVIE S / SHERYL BAILEY – “PLUCKY STRUM”
- “UNITED SHADES OF ARTISTRY”
- CATHI WALKUP – “THE SECRET OF THE SONG: LYRICS OF CATHI WALKUP”
- CHRIS WASHBURNE & THE SYOTOS BAND – “LOW RIDIN’”
- DANIEL WELTINGER – “KOBLENZ”
Proud Mary’s Southern Bar and Grill at the Ramada Inn on Kearny Mesa and San Diego’s Jazz and Blues 88.3 are bringing San Diego’s Finest authentic southern breakfast eats and Live Blues Music together for Sunday’s Best Blues Brunch, with the inaugural hit on Sunday, April 21, 2015 from 11am to 3pm.
Proud Mary’s owner and chef Michael Jacobs will be creating all new menu items for the Brunch including such items as Grandma's Picnic Basket with Fried Chicken, Hangover Helper with Chicken Fried Steak, unique “Benedicts” with Grandma’s recipe scratch Potato Pancakes, Graceland Fosters Waffles, and the Proud Mary’s Bloody Brunch. The Blues music will be LIVE with Blues music by harmonica, guitar, bass, drum, singer (whew!) Jon Atkinson with his Allstar Jammers kicking it off, continuing the new sensation that is the Jazz 88.3 Blues Jam each Wednesday evening at Proud Mary’s, with Jazz 88.3 On-Air Host J Otis Williams presiding over the Sunday Brunch festivities too!
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
for more brunch menu items and information on this great partnership between San Diego’s #1 place for Southern cuisine with Live Blues Music and San Diego’s #1 Jazz and Blues 24/7 Music Station!
|The Missy Andersen Blues Band is coming to Jazz Live San Diego, live from the Saville Theater at San Diego City College and BROADCAST WORLDWIDE via the LISTEN LIVE page at Jazz88.org on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 from 8 to 10 pm PT! You may know that Missy is currently a nominee for a 2015 Blues Music Award from The Blues Foundation in the Soul Blues Female Artist category, to be announced in Memphis, Tennessee on May 7, 2015. But there's a lot more to know about this dynamic, up and coming Blues artist that calls San Diego home!|
|LIVE Monday, March 16, 2015, 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and...YOUR BUSINESS (learn more about underwriting The New Jazz Thing!). GET SOCIAL @TNJT on Facebook and Twitter. Tonight on the show...|
The Jazz stars shine the week of August 13, 2015 with new releases by 2015 NEA Jazz Master Charles Lloyd ("Wild Man Dance") and Cassandra Wilson ("Coming Forth By Day") among the 12 great new albums being added to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library for your listening pleasure. You can check out the debut of all the new releases each week on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday evenings 6-8pm PT and then your favorite Jazz 88.3 Hosts will be adding them to their playlists for YOU to enjoy and learn!
- GLEN ACKERMAN – “GLENIOUS ALIEN LANDSCAPE”
- HARRY ALLEN AND FRIENDS – “FOR GEORGE, COLE AND DUKE”
- DAHI DEVINE – “THE ELEMENT”
- GENE ESS – “ETERNAL MONOMYTH”
- THE LALAMA BROTHERS – “THE CREPUSCULE VARIATIONS (ON SONGS OUR PARENTS GAVE US)”
- CHARLES LLOYD – “WILD MAN DANCE”
- BARNEY McCLURE – “SHOW ME!”
- GLORIA REUBEN – “PERCHANCE TO DREAM”
- GREG RUBY & THE RHYTHM RUNNERS – “WASHINGTON HALL STOMP”
- ADAM SHULMAN SEXTET – “HERE/THERE”
- CASSANDRA WILSON – “COMING FORTH BY DAY”>
- BEN WILLIAMS – “COMING OF AGE”
City College Student Radio|
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE