2014.1.27 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library
Closing out January 2014 Adds to the Jazz 88 Music Library with a full set of New Jazz Music, including releases from artists who we haven't heard from in a while, such as Joshua Breakstone and Dianne Reeves, but also with new from Danilo Perez, Mike Vax's Stan Kenton Alumni Band, Craig Handy, and lots more! You can hear at least a sampling of these debut on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Monday, January 27, 2014 from 6 to 8 PM PT.
After the split, you get the full list with annotations, artist website links, and promotional audio/video from these new releases, but right here is the essential info and our New This Week @Jazz88 1/27/14 YouTube Playlist
which kicks off with Craig Handy's new one "Craig Handy & 2nd Line Smith"...
- HOLLIE BAINES – “A LITTLE BIT OF BLUE”
- JOSHUA BREAKSTONE – “WITH THE WIND AND THE RAIN”
- DAVID M. BROMBERG – “FORTH & BACK”
- JULIA DONNARUMA TRIO – “FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE”
- CRAIG HANDY – “& 2ND LINE SMITH”
- TIM HEGARTY – “TRIBUTE”
- NATHAN HUBBARD – “ENCINITAS AND EVERYTHING AFTER”
- SCOTT JEPPESEN – “EL GUAPO”
- MATTHEW KAMINSKI – “SWINGIN’ ON THE NEW HAMMOND”
- STAN KENTON ALUMNI BAND – “ROAD SCHOLARS LIVE”
- DANILO PEREZ – “PANAMA 500”
- ROBERT PRESTER – “DOGTOWN”
- DIANNE REEVES – “BEAUTIFUL LIFE”
- ANTON SCHWARTZ – “FLASH MOB”
- JOHN STEIN & THE MINGOTAN PROJECT – “EMOTION”
- FERNANDO ULIBARRI – “TRANSFORM”
- MICHAEL VLATKOVICH – “MULTITUDES TELEPATHIC”
- MATT WILSON QUARTET + JOHN MEDESKI - "GATHERING CALL"
HOLLIE BAINES – “A LITTLE BIT OF BLUE”
(Female vocalist, with an interesting mix of straight-ahead tunes).
JOSHUA BREAKSTONE – “WITH THE WIND AND THE RAIN”
(Guitarist, leading a trio, with a cellist guesting on some tracks, doing a straight-ahead collection of jazz tunes).
DAVID M. BROMBERG – “FORTH & BACK”
(Drummer, leading a quartet, performing straight-ahead originals).
JULIA DONNARUMA TRIO – “FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE”
(Female vocalist, doing the Great American Songbook).
CRAIG HANDY – “& 2ND LINE SMITH”
(Saxophonist, leading a straight-ahead session, featuring some soulful classics).
TIM HEGARTY – “TRIBUTE” (Saxophonist, leading an all-star band, doing straight-ahead tributes to various saxophone players).
NATHAN HUBBARD – “ENCINITAS AND EVERYTHING AFTER”
(Local composer/percussionist, with Vol.1 of a soon-to-be-released 5 volume set, featuring new and previous material spanning 15 years).
SCOTT JEPPESEN – “EL GUAPO”
(Saxophone-led sextet, doing straight-ahead originals. Edgy solo work requires day-parting).
MATTHEW KAMINSKI – “SWINGIN’ ON THE NEW HAMMOND”
(Classic organ/guitar/drum trio with a straight-ahead mix of a variety of tunes).
STAN KENTON ALUMNI BAND – “ROAD SCHOLARS LIVE”
(Live big band session, with some familiar charts and new ones, too).
DANILO PEREZ – “PANAMA 500”
(Pianist, leading a concept album with a mix of sounds).
ROBERT PRESTER – “DOGTOWN”
(Pianist, leading a variety of ensembles, with a mix of Latin and straight-ahead jazz).
DIANNE REEVES – “BEAUTIFUL LIFE”
(Female vocalist, going contemporary on this one, featuring many special guests).
ANTON SCHWARTZ – “FLASH MOB”
(Saxophonist, leading a quintet, doing straight-ahead originals).
MATT WILSON QUARTET + JOHN MEDESKI - "GATHERING CALL"
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE