Now that the Grammy Submital season is past us (and all of our musician friends are fretting away about those nominations), the list of adds to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library is a tad short, but there are some great quality releases including new releases from Bill Frisell, Tony Monaco, and more!
YOU can check out their Jazz 88 DEBUT on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88, Monday, November 10, 2014 between 6 and 8 PM PT (UPDATE: Hear the NEW DEBUT on Jazz 88 Speakeasy Archive of TNJT 11/10)!
- BRIAN CHARETTE – “GOOD TIPPER”
- JEFF COFFIN + THE MU’TET – “SIDE UP”
- GABRIEL ESPINOSA / HENDRIK MEURKENS – “SAMBA LITTLE SAMBA”
- BILL FRISELL – “SPACE AGE GUITAR”
- WAYNE HORVITZ / THE ROYAL ROOM COLLECTIVE MUSIC ENSEMBLE – “AT THE RECEPTION”
- LIQUID LIGHT – “EQUILIBRIUM”
- BRIAN MELVIN – “MODERN TIMES”
- TONY MONACO – “FURRY SLIPPERS”
- BILL WATROUS / GARY URWIN / CARL SAUNDERS / GARY URWIN JAZZ ORCHESTRA – “A BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP”
Read the entire article for your additional annotations about this week's New, links to artist websites, and your chance to Comment on New Jazz with your FREE Jazz 88 Speakeasy Account!
BRIAN CHARETTE – “GOOD TIPPER”
(Organist, leading a variety of ensembles in a straight-ahead collection of originals, jazz tunes, old and new standards).
BILL FRISELL – “SPACE AGE GUITAR”
(Interesting collection of originals and songs from the 50’s and 60’s).
WAYNE HORVITZ / THE ROYAL ROOM COLLECTIVE MUSIC ENSEMBLE – “AT THE RECEPTION”
(Edgy big band material).
EQUILIBRIUM – “LIQUID LIGHT” (European trio, with an eclectic mix of sounds).
- AllAboutJazz.com (Dan Bilawsky): "quietly yet boldly goes to places unknown, finding and creating the maximum in minimalist settings while blending voices and blurring shapes and lines."
BRIAN MELVIN – “MODERN TIMES”
(Drummer, leading a quartet, in a wide variety of tunes).
TONY MONACO – “FURRY SLIPPERS”
(Keyboardist, with a straight-ahead mix of originals and standards).