Ben Sidran and Harvie S Top The New Releases to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library for April 20 2015
While there are lots of not-so-familiar names in the 18 new releases to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library the week of April 20, 2015, there are also some household names, including Ben Sidran (new "Blue Camus"), Harvie S ("Plucky Strum"), and Randy Brecker (along for the ride on Levon Mikaelian's debut "United Shades of Artistry").
Jazz 88.3 continues to bring you the latest releases ever week! You can check out the debut of all the new releases each week on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday evenings 6-8pm PT and then your favorite Jazz 88.3 Hosts will be adding them to their playlists for YOU to enjoy and learn!
- ALYSSA ALLGOOD – “LADY BIRD”
- MAT BELSANTE – “WHEN YOU’RE SMILING”
- LAINIE COOKE – “THE MUSIC IS THE MAGIC”
- MARIO CRUZ – “A VIEW FROM THE MIND’S EYE”
- HUGO FERNANDEZ – “COSMOGRAM”
- JANICE FRIEDMAN TRIO – “LIVE AT KITANO”
- TOMAS FUJIWARA & THE HOOK UP - "AFTER ALL IS SAID"
- BOBBY KAPP – “CILLA SIN EMBARGO”
- JENNA MAMMINA & ROLF STURM – “SPARK”
- ANTIONETTE MONTAGUE – “WORLD PEACE IN THE KEY OF JAZZ”
- MIKE OSBORNE - "DAWN"
- PLUNGE – “IN FOR THE OUT”
- BEN SIDRAN – “BLUE CAMUS”
- HARVIE S / SHERYL BAILEY – “PLUCKY STRUM”
- “UNITED SHADES OF ARTISTRY”
- CATHI WALKUP – “THE SECRET OF THE SONG: LYRICS OF CATHI WALKUP”
- CHRIS WASHBURNE & THE SYOTOS BAND – “LOW RIDIN’”
- DANIEL WELTINGER – “KOBLENZ”
ALYSSA ALLGOOD – “LADY BIRD”
- Joe: Female vocalist, with a 5 song sampler of jazz tunes and standards.
MAT BELSANTE – “WHEN YOU’RE SMILING”
- Joe: Male vocalist, singing The Great American Songbook.
LAINIE COOKE – “THE MUSIC IS THE MAGIC”
- Female vocalist, performing a variety of tunes.
MARIO CRUZ – “A VIEW FROM THE MIND’S EYE”
- Joe: Saxophonist, with an eclectic mix of original material.
HUGO FERNANDEZ – “COSMOGRAM”
- Joe: Guitarist, leading a quartet, performing originals.
JANICE FRIEDMAN TRIO – “LIVE AT KITANO”
- Joe: Pianist/vocalist, performing a straight-ahead selection of songs.
TOMAS FUJIWARA & THE HOOK UP - "AFTER ALL IS SAID"
- Joe: Drummer leading a progressive session of all originals.
BOBBY KAPP – “CILLA SIN EMBARGO”
- Joe: Male vocalist, with a session recorded in Cuba, with a mix of Latin and straight-ahead tunes.
JENNA MAMMINA & ROLF STURM – “SPARK”
- Joe: Female vocalist and guitarist collaborating on a collection of old and new standards.
ANTIONETTE MONTAGUE – “WORLD PEACE IN THE KEY OF JAZZ”
- Joe: Female vocalist, performing a wide variety of material.
MIKE OSBORNE - "DAWN"
- Joe: British saxophonist with two separate early progressive sessions from '66 & '70.
PLUNGE – “IN FOR THE OUT”
- Joe: Horn ensemble, performing mostly contemporary grooves, on the edgy side.
BEN SIDRAN – “BLUE CAMUS”
- Joe: Combination of contemporary instrumentals and spoken word.
HARVIE S / SHERYL BAILEY – “PLUCKY STRUM”
- Joe: Bass/guitar duet recording of original compositions.
- Joe: Contemporary grooves, with Randy Brecker and Gary Thomas making appearances.
- Social: Facebook
- Critical Jazz (Brent Black): "United Shades of Artistry celebrates the Eastern European roots of pianist and composer Levon Mikaelian while also pulling from Latin and African music and rhythmic structure for a decidedly fresh presentation that so many artists have attempted yet with minimal success."
CATHI WALKUP – “THE SECRET OF THE SONG: LYRICS OF CATHI WALKUP”
- Joe: Cathi and other singers, performing her originals).
CHRIS WASHBURNE & THE SYOTOS BAND – “LOW RIDIN’”
- Joe: Trombonist, leading a large ensemble, performing mosty songs from the 60’s and 70’s, Latin style.
DANIEL WELTINGER – “KOBLENZ”
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2018 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.