Kenny G...Yes, THAT Mr. G...goes Brazillian, while Warren Vache remember the great Benny Carter and Jacky Terrason dishes out the Jazz medicine...and that's only a few of the NEW releases to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library for this first week of March, 2015.
You can check out their debut each week on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday evenings 6-8pm PT
and then your favorite Jazz 88.3 Hosts will be adding them to their playlists for YOU to enjoy and learn!
- JOVAN ALEXANDRE – “COLLECTIVE CONCIOUSNESS”
- LAURA DICKINSON – “ONE FOR MY BABY”
- CHANTALE GAGNÉ – “THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MOON”
- GEORGE GARZONE – “CRESCENT”
- KENNY G – “BRAZILIAN NIGHTS”
- TIGRAN HAMASYAN – “MOCKROOT”
- “KARLA HARRIS SINGS THE DAVE AND IOLA BRUBECK SONGBOOK”
- JACKY TERRASSON – “TAKE THIS”
- “THE WARREN VACHÉ QUARTET REMEMBERS BENNY CARTER”
- EYAL VILNER BIG BAND – “ALMOST SUNRISE”
- JOANNA WALLFISCH – “THE ORIGIN OF ADJUSTABLE THINGS”
- BEN WOLFE – “THE WHISPERER”
- Joe: Tenor sax player, leading a quintet, performing straight-ahead originals, except for one.
- Joe: Female singer paying tribute to Frank Sinatra, performing some of his best-known songs.
CHANTALE GAGNÉ – “THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MOON”
- Joe: Pianist, leading a quartet, performing all her straight-ahead originals.
- Joe: Saxophonist, leading a trio with pianist Leo Genovese and bassist Esperanza Spalding, performing straight-ahead originals, jazz tunes and standards.
KENNY G – “BRAZILIAN NIGHTS”
- Joe: I know his name is anathema to the jazz police, but this is a good performance of straight-up Brazilian grooves. Don’t be hatin’.
TIGRAN HAMASYAN – “MOCKROOT”
- Joe: Mostly progressive vocalese tracks, with a Middle-Eastern vibe.
“KARLA HARRIS SINGS THE DAVE AND IOLA BRUBECK SONGBOOK”
- Joe: Straight-ahead versions of Dave’s tune with Iola’s lyrics.
- Joe: Pianist, with some mostly funky grooves on jazz tunes and originals.
“THE WARREN VACHÉ QUARTET REMEMBERS BENNY CARTER”
- Joe: Straight-ahead versions of Benny’s great tunes.
- Joe: Straight-ahead big band grooves.
JOANNA WALLFISCH – “THE ORIGIN OF ADJUSTABLE THINGS”
- Joe: Female vocalist/pianist with a different kind of vocal album, with a couple of standards.
- Joe: Bassist, leading a quartet [one quintet track], performing straight-ahead originals, except for one.