This Is The New Jazz Thing Monday, August 4, 2014 - Evan Christopher - Yve Evans
|LIVE Monday, August 4, 2014, 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and...YOUR BUSINESS (learn more about underwriting The New Jazz Thing!). |
- BE PART OF THE SHOW! Follow TNJT on Twitter, LikeThe New Jazz Thing on Facebook, and share something about The New @Jazz88 with the #TNJT or #Jazz88 hashtags! We may even be able to mention your name and comment during the Live show and you'll be part of the Jazz 88 Speakeasy Archive!
Coming up on the show....
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy (On-Demand, Click to Play): The New Jazz Thing (Entire Show), Monday, August 4, 2014 (1:58:51)
- Jazz 88 Playlist Archive Monday, August 4, 2014 (scroll to 6-8PM for tonight's playist...or check out the screenshot below)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Yve Evans Idyllwild Jazz In The Pines Interview, Monday, August 4, 2014 (10:55)
- 6:50 PM PT - Yve Evans has performed worldwide bringing her audiences on a musical journey while either at the helm playing the piano or with her strong melodic voice. There is an intangible quality in her music that gives it a life of its own; life that reaches out and touches the souls of the people that hear it. Yve won the Dixieland Monterey’s Jazz Musician of the Year Award in 2008 and the Great Ladies of Jazz Award at the Sun Valley Jazz Jamboree in 2004.
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Evan Christopher Idyllwild Jazz In The Pines Interview, Monday, August 4, 2014 (14:45)
- 7:20 PM PT - Evan Christophercombines virtuosity, immaculate taste, and enthusiasm with a commitment to exploring the full range of possibilities in the New Orleans clarinet tradition. His highly personal brand of "contemporary early-jazz" strives to extend the legacies of early Creole clarinetists such as Sidney Bechet, Omer Simeon, and Barney Bigard. Critics remarking on Christopher's dynamic expressiveness have coined his style "close-encounter music" (NEW YORK TIMES) and have called his respect for the music traditions of New Orleans, "a triumph, joining the present seamlessly to a glorious past." (THE OBSERVER, UK). He plays with a sextet which includes recent Jazz Live San Diego artist Henry "Skipper" Franklin on Saturday of the 2 day Idyllwild Jazz In The Pines Festival, August 16-17, 2014.
After the split, your chance to make a request, give some feedback, check out links to New Adds @Jazz88 / Jazzweek Jazz Chart, Previous TNJT Highlight Interviews, TNJT Calendar, and more...so READ ON!!
- 2014.8.4 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Jazzy Joni, edgy guitar-sax-piano, tributes to Ella and George Duke (by Al Jarreau!), trios, septets, big band, and even a Sleek Buick thrown in the mix...there's a bit of something for everyone in the new Jazz music being added to the Jazz 88 Music Library the week of August 4, 2014!
- The New Jazz Giveaways: LAURIE ANTONIOLI – “SONGS OF SHADOW, SONGS OF LIGHT” and BOBBY BROOM – “MY SHINING HOUR”. Listen for your change to win and then call 619-388-3162 TO WIN!
- Top 10 Countdown of the Jazzweek.com Jazz Album Chart August 4, 2014: No. 1 on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart this week is Bobby Hutcherson Enjoy The View (Blue Note). It’s also the most reported (60 stations). Most added (+16) is Al Jarreau My Old Friend: Celebrating George Duke (Concord) and the biggest gainer (+71) is Craig Scott Quintet Introducing (Cellar Live). The week’s top debut (No. 28) is Joe Magnarelli Lookin’ Up! (Posi-Tone).
- Here's the video replay of the countdown...SUBSCRIBE to The New Jazz Thing YouTube Channel!
- Last Week on The New Jazz Thing, Monday, July 28, 2014...
- Previous Highlights on The New Jazz Thing...
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Antar Martin Eric Dolphy Tribute Concert Preview, Monday, July 21, 2014 (6:27)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Nick Hempton's Catch and Release Experiment Interview, Monday, July 14, 2014 (8:12)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Gabriel Sundy of The Applebrown Jazz Ensemble "The Way On Up" Interview, Monday, July 7, 2014 (19:23)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Charles McPherson on George Coleman, The New Jazz Thing, Monday, June 30, 2014 (16:16)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Marcus Robert "From Rags To Rhythm" Interview, Monday, June 23, 2014 (18:03)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: JC Stylles "Blakey Grease" Interview on The New Jazz Thing, Monday, June 16, 2014 (17:47)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Peter Sprague and Kevyn Lettau "Ocean In Your Eyes" Interview on The New Jazz Thing, Monday, June 16, 2014 (26:16)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Holly Hofmann "Low Life: The Alto Flute Project" Interview, Monday, June 2, 2014 (20:33) YEA...#15 Jazzweek 7/28/14
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Eric Reed "The Adventurous Monk" Interview, Monday, May 19, 2014 (14:44) #42 Jazzweek 7/14/14!
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Alan Broadbent "America The Beautiful" Interview, Monday, May 5, 2014 (22:55) Jazzweek #43 7/14/14
- Coming Up on The New Jazz Thing Calendar (click to subscribe to TNJT Google Calendar)...
- Dimitri Methany, Monday, August 11, 2014
- Sean Jones, Monday, August 18, 2014 (tentative)
- Screen shot of the Jazz 88 Playlist Archive, Monday, August 4, 2014, 6-8 PM PT
City College Student Radio|
Pat Launer's Center Stage