Tonight on the show, Charles McPherson is LIVE in-studio for the world radio debut of his new release "The Journey" and to chat about this weekend's world premiere of his Jazz Ballet "Sweet Synergy Suite". We'll also be featuring cuts as two hours can hold from the New Jazz Releases being added to the Jazz 88.3 Music Library this week, a tune from Stan Getz, Jazz 88.3 Artist of the Week and preview of the week's Portrait in Jazz artists, a peak at the upcoming Jazz 88.3 Jazz and Arts calendar including Thursday 2/5/15 Jazz 88.3 Latin Happy Hour featuring Jaime Valle, and more.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE for Jazz 88 Speakeasy links replaying the show, the interviews, and more....
Tonight on the show...
- Charles McPherson - The International Jazz Legend Saxophonist who makes San Diego home has a busy week with the debut of his new recorded work "The Journey" and the world premiere of his Jazz Ballet "Sweet Synergy Suite", a collaboration with the San Diego Ballet and work-shopped at Jazz 88's Saville Theatre in 2014, this weekend, February 6-8, 2015 at the Lyceum Stage in San Diego. There is a special Jazz 88 Cotton Club donor event on Sunday, February 8, 2015 and it's NOT TOO LATE TO BECOME A COTTON CLUB MEMBER! We will be chatting with Charles about all of this and MORE in Hour 2 of the New!
- 2015.2.2 New Jazz in the Jazz 88.3 Music Library - The riches of the new year continue with this week's of new jazz music being added to San Diego's Jazz 88.3 Music Library the week of February 2, 2015
- Stan Getz Artist of the Week - Portrait In Jazz Schedule February 2 2015 - "Getz/Gilberto" was a HUGE gateway to Jazz when I was getting started back in the late 80's...with aural inklings of "Girl from Ipanema" already embedded from far earlier on pop radio, I'm sure. I will be playing something from this during the show. And the Portrait in Jazz spotlights are top-notch this week including TNJT alum Rufus Reid (and Stitt, Watanabe, and Mays).
- Jazz 88.3 Jazz and Arts Calendar includes this Thursday, February 5, 2015, Jazz 88.3 Happy Hour with the Jaime Valle Latin Jazz Quintet...so we'll take a quick look at the riches here also.
- The San Diego Reader's Robert Bush has his usual weekly rundown of the highlights.