This Is The New Jazz Thing Monday June 25 2012
|UPDATE: Interviews Online! In addition to debuting the New Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library this week, I will be chatting with pianist Eric Reed about his new disc "The Baddest Monk" (#3 Jazzweek Charts 6/25/12) and pianist Anne Sajdera (who grew up in San Diego) about her new release "Azul", checking out the newly revamped Jazzweek Jazz Charts of the tops in Jazz Radio Airplay, and our usual review of what's happening in the world of Jazz News!|
Information about Eric and Anne, along with links mentioned during the show after the jump...
- JazzWeek.com Jazz Charts 6/25/12: The Top 10 with Arturo still on top, but our guest Eric Reed flying up the charts to #3 this week...#1 next?
- Loving Local Music, Loving Local Food - A Fundraiser For Jazz 88.3 - Should be a great evening!
- Eric Reed (Interview Online)
- T.S. Monk (son o' Thelonious): “Monk is smiling. The CD is a bitch. Your love and respect for my father oozes from every track. You really get it!!”
- Audiophile Audition: "His band mates hail from Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia, and Trinidad so the musical stew presented on this CD has in Reed’s words, “an irreverent manner – we had our way with Monk.”
- Eric Reed Wikipedia: Some of my intro info was from here.
- eMusic.com Review by Britt Robson of "The Baddest Monk" : Since the passing of Steve Lacy in 2004, no one’s been able to blend an
intimate knowledge of the music of Thelonious Monk with dedication and
confident creativity like Eric Reed.
- Anne Sajdera (Interview Online!)
- Critical Jazz: "Azul which is the debut release from Anne Sajdera, a long time and incredibly valuable member of the Bay area Brazilian music scene showcases a deft touch at the piano, a keen sense of melodic development and a textured rhythmic nuance adding a delightful sonic depth of field difficult to find on similar releases."
- Anne Sajdera Bio: "Anne Sajdera grew up in San Diego and while the Southern California city wasn’t usually associated with Brazil, she absorbed a Carioca’s deep love of the ocean and sun-drenched landscape. "
- Jazz Live Tuesday June 26, 2012 with Billy Thompson
- George Varga, SD UT Arts June 24, 2012 Spotlight: "...can hold his own with almost any veteran blues guitarist and singer in the country."
- 2012-06-25 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library
- more links coming during the show!
City College Student Radio|
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2018 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.