March 4, 2013
|On The New Jazz Thing, Monday, March 4, 2013....|
- Dr. Hafez Modirzadeh will be stopping by in Hour 1 for a chat about his music, including his latest release "Post-Chromodal Out!", before heading to his rare local appearance with bass guru Mark Dresser and others tonight at Sufi.
- JazzTimes: "With no less than Vijay Iyer at the keyboard, the album delivers great returns on each musical risk Modirzadeh takes."
- Spin: "Iranian-American saxophonist retunes Vijay Iyer's piano for cross-cultural jazz experiment." 8 out of 10 rating
- Dusted: "The effect of Post-Chromodal Out! is like having your head buffeted by a barrage of head-scrambling information, all of it resisting conventional listening, and most emphatically not announcing itself as anything close to conventional jazz-plus-exotica. It’s a powerful statement from a composer, instrumentalist, and band that deserve your time and acclaim."
- 2013-03-04 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: The Jazz 88 Music Library gets a varied set of New Jazz Music in for the week of March 4, 2013, including Latin (Aguanko), vocals (New York Voices with the WDR Big Band, Jan Shapiro, and even "Luke Duke" aka Tom Wopat), guitar (John Stein, Dave Haskell), the latest from Clint's little boy Kyle Eastwood and Scott Hamilton, and more
- Top 10 Jazzweek.com Jazz Chart March 4, 2013: It’s a third week and gaining at No. 1 on this week’s JazzWeek Jazz Chart for Jackie Ryan Listen Here (OpenArt). It’s also the most-reported CD of the week (62 stations.) Most added (+19) is Melton Mustafa The Traveling Man (Zaki Publishing) and the biggest gainer (+80) is Wolff & Clark Expedition (Random Act). The highest debut (No. 26) is Champian Fulton Champian Sings and Swings (Sharp Nine).
- Coming Up On The New Jazz Thing...
- San Diego New Jazz Things: Next Monday, March 11, 2013, we will celebrating New Jazz releases from some of San Diego's finest with LIVE IN-STUDIO appearances by, among others, Peter Sprague, Rob Thorsen, and Steph Johnson. The show will include LIVE performances, cuts from their new releases, and their thoughts on THE NEW!
|The Jazz 88 Music Library gets a varied set of New Jazz Music in for the week of March 4, 2013, including Latin (Aguanko), vocals (New York Voices with the WDR Big Band, Jan Shapiro, and even "Luke Duke" aka Tom Wopat), guitar (John Stein, Dave Haskell), the latest from Clint's little boy Kyle Eastwood and Scott Hamilton, and more...the full list is after the split! Check it all out when it debuts on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday, March 4, 2013 from 6 to 8 PM PT. |
Here's a great story about pianist and composer artist Mike Prigodich
who is releasing his first CD after his experience as a cancer patient...way to go Mike!
Student Delivered Sound
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE