|On The New Jazz Thing, Monday, April 8, 2013, 6-8 PM PT...|
- UPDATE: Geoffrey Keezer Interview Online In Jazz88 Speakeasy! Geoffrey Keezer: Geoffrey Keezer will be stopping by during Hour to chat about his upcoming solo recording release "Heart of the Piano"...and we will be debuting some of the new music for the FIRST TIME EVER ON RADIO! We will also be talking about the DVD-recording performance of the music happening at Jazz Live San Diego on April 9, 2013. Really excited!
- 2013-04-08 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Lots of familiar (David Chesky, Fred Hersch, Charnett Moffett, Barbara Morrison...Jazz Live alum!, Eldar Djangirov, Frank Vignola, Phil Woods) and not so familiar (Larry Carlton / Robben Ford leading a band, Molly Ringwald doing "Don't You Forget About Me") plus a whole lot more NEW!
- Top 10 Countdown of the Jazzweek.com Jazz Album Chart for April 8, 2013: The new No. 1 this week on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart is Monty Alexander Uplift 2 (Jazz Legacy Productions). It’s also the most reported CD of the week (50 stations). Most added (+21) is Gerald Clayton Life Forum (Concord, added last week @Jazz88). Biggest gainers (+55) are Eric Alexander Touching (HighNote) and Nilson Matta Nilson Matta’s Black Orpheus (Motema). Top Debut (No. 26) is Mark Winkler The Laura Nyro Project (Cafe Pacific).
|Lots of familiar (David Chesky, Fred Hersch, Charnett Moffett, Barbara Morrison...Jazz Live alum!, Eldar Djangirov, Frank Vignola, Phil Woods) and not so familiar (Larry Carlton / Robben Ford leading a band, Molly Ringwald doing "Don't You Forget About Me") plus a whole lot more NEW being added to the Jazz 88 Music Library this week. We will debuting a bunch of it on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday, April 8, 2013, 6-8PM PT! The complete list is after the split, but here is a clip of Danny Janklow (new disc "Recurring Dreams") playing his tune "Flipside"with Eric Reed...|
|New music from, among others, Gerald Clayton, The Greyboy Allstars, Lisa Hilton, Ex-San Diegan Kristan Korb, and Edward Simon added the week of Monday, April1, 2013. The full list after the split...no foolin'|
|UPDATE: Geoffrey Keezer Interview Online In Jazz88 Speakeasy! |
Geoffrey Keezer will be stopping by during Hour 2 (7PM PT) of The New Jazz Thing on Monday, April 8, 2013, 6 to 8 PM PT to chat about his upcoming solo recording release "Heart of the Piano"...and we will be debuting some of the new music for the FIRST TIME EVER ON RADIO! We will also be talking about the DVD-recording performance of the music happening at Jazz Live San Diego on April 9, 2013. Really excited!
- Keezer‟s 2009 venture, “Áurea,” is a recording of folkloric South American music mixed with jazz and was nominated for a Grammy award in the “Best Latin Jazz Album” category.
- In 2010, Keezer was again nominated for a Grammy for his arrangement of “Don‟t Explain” for singer Denise Donatelli.
- Geoffrey Keezer started out as a drummer, but moved to piano out of necessity while doing regular gigs with his father who played drums.
- Preview of Geoffrey's Jazz Live San Diego Performance by Robert Bush in the San Diego Reader.
- "Heart of the Piano" will be Keezer's second solo piano recording. His first was 1999's "Zero One"
San Diego trumpet virtuoso Gilbert Castellanos, recognized as a new American master by Downbeat magazine, has hosted weekly jazz sessions in local warehouses and clubs for 15 years. Inspired by those sessions, playwright Richard Montoya conceived a brand new fusion of live jazz, spoken word, dance, song and story that celebrates the landscape of San Diego from 1959 to the present. Immerse yourself in this world premiere featuring extraordinary music and unforgettable stories of the musicians who've made the city such a fascinating place.
Read full article at: Federal Jazz Project
From the days of her Spruce Street Forum to the current Fresh Sound
series, concert promoter, record label Exec., and San Diegan Bonnie Wright has a passion for exploring and sharing experimental & avant-garde music with her community. Bonnie plays a vital part with keeping the creative-music flame burning here in San Diego by bringing in cutting-edge artists from around the world. Her Fresh Sound series wraps up this month with a performance from the Rez Abbasi Trio, the #2 Rising Star Guitarist winner in a recent Down Beat magazine poll.
I sat down for a Progressive Nights interview with Bonnie where we talked about her passion for music, the local music scene, the upcoming Fresh Sound performance this weekend, and the great line-up of some upcoming concerts too. Enjoy.
City College Student Radio
|Click +1 if you like this song |
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
|Click on the +1 button|
if you like this page