January 20, 2014
|LISTEN LIVE Monday 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and DAI Architecture - Where A Dream Becomes A Design!|
Tonight on the show...
After the split, links / photos / video from our Nathan Hubbard Interview, Top 10 Countdown Video Replay, links to previous and upcoming TNJT and other Jazz News...Enjoy!
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Nathan Hubbard "Encinitas and Everything After" Interview, Monday, January 20, 2014 (25:45)
- TNJT Video: Nathan Hubbard "Encinitas and Everything After" Interview, Monday, January, 20, 2014
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Monday, January 20, 2014 (entire show, 2:01:16)
- Here's a screenshot of the Jazz 88 Playlist Archive for the show tonight...lots of great new and Nathan Hubbard too!
|The flood gates of New in 2014 have opened up and we've got a whopping 28 new discs being added to the Jazz 88 Music Library the week of January 20, 2014. It shows the broad spectrum of New Jazz being made today from solo guitar, to vocal, to organ trio, to Brazillian, and Big Band...and many other stops along the way. You can hear at least a sampling of these debut on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw, Monday, January 20, 2014 from 6 to 8 PM PT. After the split, you get the full list with annotations, artist website links, and promotional audio/video from these new releases, but right here is the essential info and our New This Week @Jazz88 1/20/14 YouTube Playlist...|
- CHERYL BARNES – “LISTEN TO THIS”
- DAN BARASZU & DAVE ELLINGTON – “ORGAN TRIO”
- DEE BELL / MARCOS SILVA – “SILVA-BELL-ELATION”
- DAVID BLAKE – “NEXT YEAR PEOPLE”
- T.K.BLUE – “A WARM EMBRACE”
- JIM CLAYTON – “SONGS MY DAUGHTER KNOWS”
- STEVE DAVIS – “FOR REAL”
- JOE DeROSE AND AMICI – “PEACE STREETS”
- MIKE DiRUBBO – “THRESHOLD”
- TAEKO FUKAO – “WONDERLAND”
- LAUREN KINHAN – “CIRCLE IN A SQUARE”
- “THE KING WILLIAM JAZZ COLLECTIVE”
- JOHN LaBARBERA BIG BAND – “CARAVAN”
- ROMERO LUBAMBO – “SO: BRAZILIAN ESSENCE”
- KATE McGARRY AND KEITH GANZ – “GENEVIEVE & FERDINAND”
- CAVA MENZIES / NICK PHILLIPS – “MOMENT TO MOMENT”
- PETE MILLS – “SWEET SHADOW”
- IAN O’BEIRNE – “GLASSWORK”
- PJ RASUMSSEN – “ANOTHER ADVENTURE”
- MATT RENZI – “RISE AND SHINE”
- RENT ROMUS’ LIFE BLOOD – “TRUTH TELLER”
- SCENES –“…BUT NOT HEARD”
- HERB SILVERSTEIN – “MONDAY MORNING”
- BRAD STEINWEHE JAZZ ORCHESTRA – “WGASA JAM”
- DYLAN TAYLOR – “SWEETER FOR THE STRUGGLE”
- DAVID BENNETT THOMAS – “HEADSPACE”
- JASON VIEAUX – “PLAY”
- BRIGITTE ZARIE – “L’AMOUR”
|The great saxophonist Ernie Watts brought his American Quartet into the Saville Theatre at San Diego City College on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 to kick of the 2014 season of Jazz Live San Diego in fine fashion. Here's a collection of the Jazz 88 Speakeasy on-demand audio, video clips from the concert and interview with Ernie, and some of the social media interaction and reaction about the show. You can always tweet, post, and share with the #Jazz88 and #JazzLive hashtags to connect up with us during the show. |
Here are links to the Jazz 88 Speakeasy
on-demand audio for the entire live concert, Ernie Watts interview, and our preview of Jazz Live on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8-10PM PT with vocalist Sacha Boutros.
Here's a set of photographs taken by EmCee Vince Outlaw before, during, and after the show...
After the split, video from Jazz 88 Master Control during our interview with Ernie Watts and some other social media interactions....
City College Student Radio|
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE