March 3, 2014
|LISTEN LIVE Monday, March 3, 2014, 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and...YOUR BUSINESS (learn more about underwriting The New Jazz Thing!)|
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy On-Demand: The New Jazz Thing, Monday, March 3, 2014 (2:01:17).
- 2014.3.3 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Jazz continues to grow, with some great sounding discs from new artists to the Jazz 88 Music Library and now, Monday, March 3, 2014, taking their place with all of the great music you hear at Jazz 88.
- The New #Jazz Giveaways this week are: LISA HILTON – “KALEIDOSCOPE” and JAVON JACKSON – “EXPRESSION”. Listen for your chance to pick up New Jazz music, then call 619-388-3162!
- Congrats to Brent (in Portland, OR.!) and Cameron (in SD)!
- Top 10 Countdown of the Jazzweek.com Jazz Album Chart March 3, 2014: The No. 1 CD for a fourth straight week on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart – and also again most reported (53 stations) — is Harold Mabern Right On Time (Smoke Sessions). Most added (+17) is The Puppeteers The Puppeteers (Red). The week’s top debut (No. 18) and biggest gainer (+91) is Stacey Kent The Changing Lights (Parlophone Music France / Warner).
- Coming up on The New Jazz Thing (Subscribe to The New Jazz Thing Calendar and don't miss any of these events...click the link to put it on your GCal)...
- Grant Clarkson "Hearst of Light" Interview, Monday, March 10, 2014 - San Diego bassist new disc is a showcase for the San Diego scene with Derek Cannon (Joe Garrison and Night People, CMEA Jazz Festival Adjudicator, Grossmont College Jazz Educator), Sky Ladd (Gregory Page), John Rekeviks, and Richard Sellars on board. We'll be chatting about the new disc, his evolution as a player, the SD Jazz scene and more!
- Wayne Riker "Groovin With The Top Brass", Monday, March 17, 2014: San Diego guitarist with a new disc featuring folks like Gilbert Castellanos and Rob Thorsen will be chatting about his latest project.
- Matt Slocum "Black Elk's Dream", Monday, March 31, 2014: Jazz Live San Diego alum who debuted some of this music at his August, 2013 JLSD performance chatting about the new release and his April 4, 2014 CD Release show in San Diego.
After the split, Jazz 88 CMEA Jazz Festival Pics, Previously on TNJT Links, New This Week and Playlist pics, and more!!
Jazz continues to grow, with some great sounding discs from new artists to the Jazz 88 Music Library and now, Monday, March 3, 2014, taking their place with all of the great music you hear at Jazz 88. You can hear the debut of many of these each and every Monday, 6-8PM PT, on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw
: Hear The New on TNJT 2014.3.3 Jazz 88 Speakeasy Archive
- JANICE BORLA GROUP – “PROMISES TO BURN”
- NATALIE CRESSMAN – “TURN THE SEA”
- FRANK DiBUSSOLO GROUP – “SONGS TO WRITE HOME ABOUT”
- DIGITAL PRIMITIVES – “LIPSOMUCH / SOUL SEARCHING”
- DRESSER / HEMINGWAY / TSHAR – “CODE RE(A)D”
- SINNE EEG – “THE BEAUTY OF SADNESS”
- PETER EVANS + RALEIGH DAILY – “MEASURE FROM ZERO”
- CAROL FREDETTE – “NO SAD SONGS FOR ME”
- JUDSON GREEN – “MOJITO”
- JACLYN GUILLOU – “THE LOVER’S WALK”
- LISA HILTON – “KALEIDOSCOPE”
- JAVON JACKSON – “EXPRESSION”
- JENNA MAMMINA – “THE MUSIC AND THE MAGIC OF ABBEY LINCOLN”
- “SHAWN MAXWELL’S ALLIANCE”
- GARRETT MORRIS – “BLACK CREOLE CHRONICLES”
- MOUTIN FACTORY QUINTET – “LUCKY PEOPLE”
- CLOVIS NICOLAS – “NINE STORIES”
- MATT SLOCUM – “BLACK ELK’S DREAM”
- TALL & SMALL – “HIGH ON YOU”
- 1032K – “THAT WHICH IS PLANTED”
City College Student Radio|
Pat Launer's Center Stage