This showcase of the best of the West for the Spring 2024 season is as follows:
- February 14th- Celebrating the Coltrane legacy, we welcome tenor greats Ravi Coltrane and Doug Webb with Eric Revis (b) and Tony Austin (dr)
- March 20th- A Sarah Vaughan Centennial Celebration. Rose Mallett will perform her "Songs of Sarah" show
- April 24th- Shorty Rogers Centennial Celebration
- May 22nd- Roy McCurdy Quartet
- June 18th (back to Tuesday)- TBA
- July 16th (back to Tuesday)- The Four Freshmen
If you renwed or signed up for the first time, THANK YOU. Please expect an e-mail from us soon after you make your donation that will have all the information you need (seating, start time, parking, etc).
WHAT IS JAZZ LIVE?
Jazz Live concerts were launched at the Catamaran Hotel in the 1970’s. Some legendary names that were a part of this series back then included Buddy Collette, Duke Pearson (with his Big Band), Blue Mitchell, Joe Marillo, Stan Getz, Harold Land and Art Pepper. Our recent Jazz Live performances included names like Peter Erskine, Alan Broadbent, Tierney Sutton and Bobby Shew, to name a few. Here are some great photos of the recent Jazz Live performances courtesy of Larry Redman's Flickr page.
GETTING TO JAZZ LIVE
The City College Lyman Saville Theatre faces C Street between 14th and 15th Streets. The City College Trolley Station is located at 12th (Park Blvd.) and C Street. Freeways 5, 163, and 94 all exit within blocks of the theatre.
For those coming for the first time, if you input ‘1343 C Street, San Diego , CA 92101’ into your map App, that address will get you to the parking Lot for the Saville Theatre (Parking Lot 8). There are parking options in Lot 3 (off 16th Street) and plenty of on-street parking.
JAZZ LIVE PARKING OPTIONS
There are two lots to choose from aside from street parking. Parking Lots 8 and 3. See the map below. If parking in any lot on campus be sure to print a Jazz Live Parking Permit.