Social Media Policy
Social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter have become an integral part of everyday life
for millions of people around the world. As Jazz 88.3 grows to serve an audience that extends well
beyond our local listeners, social media is becoming an increasingly important part of how we
interact with our entire audience. Jazz 88.3 encourages community dialogue and welcomes you
to participate in the online conversation, with discretion.
The following is the official policy for every Jazz 88.3 employee participating in Jazz
88.3's social media community.
- Jazz 88.3 allows discussion of controversial issues and understands that some topics
require blunt talk, but please focus your remarks on positions, not personalities. No personal
attacks, name calling, libel, defamation, or hate speech. And under no circumstances should
you post anything that could be taken as threatening, harassing, bullying, obscene, pornographic,
sexist or racist.
- Jazz 88.3 employees cannot post information about Jazz 88.3 that is privileged or
- Jazz 88.3's social media forums are not a place for advertising, promotion, recruiting,
campaigning, lobbying, soliciting or proselytizing. We understand that there can be a fine line
between discussing and campaigning; please use your best judgment.
- Reporting in social media spaces requires the same diligence you exercise when reporting on air.
Therefore, carefully attribute the information you cite and be absolutely clear about what
Jazz 88.3 has and has not confirmed.
- Jazz 88.3 employees with personal social media accounts should use a disclaimer to avoid any
misconception that they're speaking for Jazz 88.3. Thus, when posting to social
media accounts, Jazz 88.3 employees should state the views expressed are their own and
not the station's.
Conduct that is not acceptable in the workplace is not allowed on social media sites. Jazz 88.3
reserves the right to review, screen, delete, edit and/or move any content posted on
all Jazz 88.3 social media forums.
City College Student Radio|
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Copyright © 2017 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.