LIVE Monday, June 23, 2014, 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and...YOUR BUSINESS (learn more about underwriting The New Jazz Thing!).
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy (On-Demand, Click to Play): The New Jazz Thing (Entire Show), Monday, June 23, 2014 (1:59:12)
- Jazz 88 Playlist Archive for Monday, June 23, 2014 (scroll to 6 to 8 PM for the show playlist...or check out the screenshot below.
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Marcus Robert "From Rags To Rhythm" Interview, Monday, June 23, 2014 (18:03)
- Pianist Marcus Roberts continues to climb the charts with the #10 disc in Jazz (6/16/14) "From Rags to Rhythm", a twelve-part suite recorded with his longtime trio of Rodney Jordan bass and Jason Marsalis drums. The music is a unique approach to presentation of piano trio music, so we'll explore this a bit deeper, along with Marcus' long career, and what's New and Next...in Hour 2 of The New!
- Top 10 Countdown of the Jazzweek.com Jazz Album Chart June 23, 2014: At No. 1 for a second week on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart is Eric Alexander Chicago Fire (HighNote). The biggest gainer (+103), most added (+26) and highest debut (No. 16) is Jimmy Cobb The Original Mob (Smoke Sessions). Most reported (55 stations) is Louis Hayes Return of the Jazz Communicators (Smoke Sessions).
- Coming Up on The New Jazz Thing Calendar (click to subscribe to TNJT Google Calendar)...
- Monday, July 7, 2014
- Saxophonist Gabriel Sundy and The Applebrown Jazz Ensemble have a new disc out (and being added to Jazz 88 on 6/30/14) "The Way On Up" featuring groovy and aggressive Jazz tunes that have been long in incubation and just waiting to get out! We'll be chatting with Gabriel live in-studio about the project, his career, and Jazz in San Diego in Hour 1 of the show.
After the split, your chance to comment on tonight's show, links to list of this week's new music @Jazz88, recent interviews, playlist screenshot, and more!
Read full article at: This Is The New #Jazz Thing Monday June 23 2014 - Marcus Roberts