Creative Music April 4, 2014 10pm - Midnight
|I could review the many ways that creative music and jazz are redundant or at least a hair split. Maybe another time, if necessary. The point is that within the realm there is a niche, a tributary, a tangent, that is of but not within what you might regularly experience on Jazz 88.3. For programming purposes I call it Creative Music. And it's snug in the Progressive Nights zone. Be sure to check The Speakeasy to hear this and many of the shows on Jazz 88.3.|
- Horace Tapscott, then "John Coltrane" from Mister Billy Higgins (ecd 22061-2). I'm in heaven.
- Kendra Shank and John Stowell are coming to the Museum of Making Music on April 19th.
- "Orange Outline" by Franz Kline."When I paint a picture, I don't know every line in advance, but I know in general what I'm about."
- Free Time was as much about texture as it was about technique. One of those I have a feel for, the other I can appreciate.
- Epistrophy, any way, shape, or form.
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2018 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.