October 13, 2014
- Jazz 88 Playlist Archive for Monday, October 13, 2014 (scroll down to 6-8PM for tonight's playlist...or check out the screenshot)...
Read the entire article
for links to all the new adds at Jazz 88 this week, Top 10 Countdown of Jazzweek.com, and more!
No less that 21 NEW JAZZ RELEASES being added to the Jazz 88 Music Library the week of October 13, 2014, Jazz 88 finally getting the Tony Bennett / Lady Gaga collaboration ("Cheek to Cheek") and the previously unreleased Coltrane at Temple University. And YOU can check out their Jazz 88 DEBUT on The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88, Monday, October 13 2014 between 6 and 8 PM PT! !
- ALBARE – “TWO DECADES OF JAZZ”
- TONY BENNETT & LADY GAGA–“CHEEK TO CHEEK”
- PHIL BROWN & THE NEW ARTS JAZZTET – “ARKADIA”
- COLLINA / PEILLON / CERVETTO / BOSSO – “MICHAEL ON AIR”
- JOHN COLTRANE – “OFFERING: LIVE AT TEMPLE UNIVERSITY”
- GALE CRUZ – “HELLO, IT’S ME”
- CLARE FISCHER BIG BAND – “PACIFIC JAZZ”
- MARCUS GOLDHABER – “A LOVELY WAY TO SPEND AN EVENING”
- BRAD GOODE QUARTET – “MONTEZUMA”
- STEVE HECKMAN QUINTET – “SEARCH FOR PEACE”
- BILL HELLER – “FIND THE WAY”
- “LEVIN BROTHERS”
- THOMAS MARRIOTT – “URBAN FOLKLORE”
- AL MUIRHEAD – “IT’S ABOUT TIME”
- NICHOLAS PAYTON – “NUMBERS”
- CLARENCE PENN & PENN STATION – “MONK: THE LOST FILES”
- MASON RAZAVI – “QUARTET PLUS”
- MARCUS ROBERTS & THE MODERN JAZZ GENERATION – “ROMANCE, SWING, AND THE BLUES”
- PAT SENATORE – “ASCENSIONE”
- RYAN SHULTZ QUINTET – “HAIR DRYERS”
- PETER ZAK TRIO – “THE DISCIPLE”
Read the entire article
for your additional annotations about this week's New and your chance to Comment on New Jazz with your FREE Jazz 88 Speakeasy Account!
|Ray Brown, bassist extraordinaire in both mainstream and be-bop styles, met and played with Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie on his first day in New York in 1945, having been born (October 13, 1926) and grown up in Pittsburgh, PA. The famous Ray Brown Trio included, among other pianists, San Diego's own Geoffrey Keezer! You'll be hearing from this fantastic leader, accompanist, and mentor all week on San Diego's Jazz 88.3!|
Read the entire article for more on Ray Brown and your chance to Comment with your FREE Jazz 88 Speakeasy account!
|Generally speaking I'm slow to assemble a program. I'm open to suggestion from anywhere beforehand. But when it all comes into focus and the thoughts, pictures, and memories build a structures that is ready. I leave a window open, just in case.|
- Rambler is a fun tune by tuba master Bob Stewart. I'm so glad Arthur Blythe has included the lower register in so much of his work. Grandpa had a Rambler and it was something else entirely.
- Ken Thomson is Who To Watch For. Out of the blue is this tune called Welding For Freedom and it justifies my strategy of leaving a window open. Win/win.
- Nathan Hubbard collect SDMA for Best Jazz Album. There was a lot of texture in the eleven o'clock hour. Tons of great names contributing, and Nathan making it bubble. xlnt
Thanks for listening
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2018 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is a non-profit 501c3 organization, a part of the San Diego City College District.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.