Antonio Sanchez continues his "Birdman" flight on his new release with his band Migration, "The Meridian Suite", 1 of the 9 new releases in the Jazz 88.3 Music Library for June 6, 2015. The drummer, who was snubbed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for his soundtrack to the award winning picture "Birdman", performs an hour-long suite inspired by his movie soundtrack on his new album. Check all the new music debut on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw each Monday from 6 to 8 PM PT.
- CORBIN ANDRICK – “OLMSTEAD’S WHISTLE”
- RANDY BRECKER - BOBBY SHEW - JAN HASENÖHRL – “TRUMPET SUMMIT: PRAGUE”
- CHUCK ISRAELS JAZZ ORCHESTRA – “JOYFUL NOISE”
- DION PARSON & THE 21ST CENTURY BAND – “ST. THOMAS”
- STEPHANIE PORTER – “RADIO THEATRE”
- DANIELLE REICH – “WHILE THEY WERE DANCING”
- ANTONIO SANCHEZ & MIGRATION – “THE MERIDIAN SUITE”
- MICHAEL SUSER – “THEY ALL LAUGHED”
- DONALD VEGA – “WITH RESPECT TO MONTY”
Your Jazz 88.3 hosts will be introducing you to these new releases all week, so Listen Long, Often, and LIVE at 88.3 FM San Diego and Worldwide at Jazz88.org!
You can check out the debut of all the new releases each week on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday evenings 6-8pm PT.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE for links to artists websites, release reviews, and additional listening notes from the Jazz 88 Music staff....
Read full article at: Antonio Sanchez Flies Past Birdman In The New Jazz Music Releases For July 6 2015