This is Miff Mole and I'm going to real time bullet list my show for 3/27/14. Not everything, but enough to get a feel for what's going on.
- Right now it's 9:47pm, Barry is playing The Rich and The Poor by Keith Jarrett. It is definitely setting a mood in my music brain program list.
- Opened with guitarist Joel Harrison's String Choir, music by, or inspired by, Paul Motian. (footnote: two things at once ain't easy)
- Bassist Keith Witty and drummer Damion Reid are a molten flow for the Jonathan Finlayson piece "Circus."
- Omission of detail does not reflect any particular agenda or preference. Voice activated blog would be great until the on-air mic is mistakenly cued by the operator and comedy ensues.
- Michael Formanek and Jim Black were dangerous on "Thin Skin/Dangerous Crustaceans."
- "Voices" from Bill Dixon's Intents And Purposes is familiar and provocative at the same time. The focus and execution is staggering, but that's what creative music does. (footnote: something else that ain't easy)
- Listen to the show at The Speakeasy. It will be there by Sunday.